Benefits of GAP Insurance
Imagine this scenario: You paid €23,000 for your vehicle but it gets written off or stolen. Your insurance company values your car at €16,000, leaving you with a potential gap of €7,000. Should this happen Wexford Car Centre GAP Insurance will cover the difference between what you paid for your vehicle and your insurance company’s pay out. Ensuring you are not left out of pocket.
Insurance companies will generally pay you the market value of your vehicle at the time it is written off. With Wexford Car Centre GAP Insurance, you are covered up to the invoice price. Additional cover is available in year 5 if your vehicle insurance pay-out is less than your finance settlement, GAP will pay out the shortfall between your own insurance pay-out and your finance settlement.
Conditions of GAP Insurance
- For GAP insurance, the driver must have fully comprehensive car insurance.
- GAP insurance will last for a period of 48 months.
- Only one claim is allowed during the GAP insurance policy period.
- You must inform Alphera GAP before accepting your motor insurance payout .
- Cover will start on date of signing.
To find out more about our GAP Insurance options please phone 053 91 92247
- This covers the replacement cost if your car or home keys are lost or stolen (a replacement key could cost you up to €400 normally)
- The cover is for 3 years.
- You must report loss or theft of keys to Gardai & Key Insurance Company within 2 days.
- Retain all receipts of replacements costs.
- Cover is up to the value of €1,500.